Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome - Come On In

The first thing I try to remember to do when I lead a workshop or make a presentation is to thank people for coming. It's so important, because I wouldn't be there if they weren't curious enough to show up.

So, thank you for showing up. For being curious

The first step is the hardest, they say, and if you've taken that step and you're here reading what I have to say, again - thank you. If you are here by accident, thank you for being here too.  I don't believe in accidents

What I do believe in is Change, Transformation, Learning. They are dynamic concepts that don't happen in a bubble. They happen through interaction and communication. Exchange. I hope this blog can be a place for me to not only think "out loud", but to also hear your thoughts. 




The beautiful photo above was taken by a good friend of mine.  It reminded me that LIFE has many layers and those layers are often manifested in beautiful patterns. Some patterns are created by nature and some we create ourselves (like the leaves above). Some patterns are helpful and lead us to success, others are destructive and hinder our growth.

Since I'm all for transformation, which could also be interpreted as growth, I'm also all about creating good patterns. Part of this blog will be about those patterns.  And cultivating personal and professional change. 

Here's to laying that first leaf, taking that first step. Together.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sus -

    Looking forward to seeing what you write about and just being a part of your journey. I can't wait to learn how to be more like a pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dear Susanne! I love the way you've used the photo, too. The language context expands beautifully on my visual intention.

    ReplyDelete