Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Contrast - THAT'S What I'm Talkin' 'Bout

Wow.

Have you ever had the feeling that people are copying you, but you know they couldn't be because you know what you're doing is just a drop-in-the-universal-bucket?


(photo by Jolka Igolka)

And then you realize that if they aren't copying you, then it must mean that you have tapped into some worldwide growing phenomenon, all on your own?!

Wow. Yeah, that's what I said at the beginning.

So, what's this all about? you might be asking... See, I get a regular email from a very insightful guy, Andy Dooley. Once a week he sends me fun art and even funner messages. This week the message was a very corny, but insightful video .

It is almost 7 minutes of wackiness. It made me laugh out loud. Something I don't do nearly enough.

But when I was done I had THAT moment. Yeah, the one I mentioned at the beginning of this post. He was talking about the importance of having a dark side, a challenge, an issue... in one's life.

(Artyom Korotkov)

He confirmed that it is a gift. Isn't that what I have been writing about?!

My favorite quote is, 'The only people on the planet who do not have problems are dead.' Yup, that about sums it up.

I would like to support and point to Andy's good work, because when you listen closely, the world is trying to tell you something.

We don't have problems - we have opportunities to learn, to grow, to discover new parts of ourselves.

(Alfonso Diaz)

So, if you'll excuse me, I have some research to do. I am going to go figure out how to mine my problems... there's sure to be some very gems in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment