Saturday, February 13, 2010

DAY 34: One. Thing. At. A. Time.

Wow, just 3 more days until I am 40. I wonder if I have learned enough.

I've learned a lot. But I don't think it will ever be enough. And that's ok.

I am learning that although multi-tasking is a word with positive connotations, a prize of sorts, it also is a modern red-herring. A distraction. Look at everything that I got done! (But don't pay attention to how tired, frazzled and unfulfilled I am.)

I make a lot of To-Do lists, and I am getting good at ignoring them. I am getting better at recognizing what it is that I really want to do. Or need to do. One at a time.


(photo by Matrewz Stachowski)

Action: Today, for one hour, imagine that you can only do one thing at a time. If you drink coffee, you can't check your email or watch t.v. If you are talking on the phone, you can't be cooking.

Then get out your journal and for 3 minutes write about your experience. How did it feel? Was it difficult? Easy? Frustrating?

Then for 3 minutes write about what you miss while multitasking. What do I lose out on?



Challenge: Make a do- or - die list. What must I do or I shall die list? For the next 37 days if someone asks you to do something look to see if it matches your list. If it doesn't, say no.

As for me - I am going to go paint. And then I am going to go sledding with my daughter. And then I am going to relax.

What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment