Tuesday, February 16, 2010

DAY 37: Day One of the Next Best Half



Today's the day. My twin sister's 40th birthday. And yes, mine too.

Before I end, and begin again, I want to thank you for following me on my journey. Whether you just read one post, or followed them all, I am grateful for your interest, your curiosity. For your company.

I am ready to live an extraordinary life. To have an 'irresistible obituary' as Patti calls it. To create the story of our own life, to create it NOW, not wait for someone to write about it when we are gone.

I am ready to take the plunge to 4 - 0.



But there is one more challenge. One more action to take: Spend 10 minutes writing the obituary you want, so you are not just a number or just a name, but a story. Write from three perspectives: As you would like your family to write it, your closest friends, and people in your community or at work.

What do you want each of those groups to say about you? What laughs would they recall? Not the big things, but the little things - the way you smiled, or the time you drove across town to deliver hot soup?

I won't share mine with you. I don't have time. I am going out there and living it.

As should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment